Stats Collection Is Easy With DMB
If you are a member of a Diamond Mind Baseball league in which games are played on more than one computer, you can use the stats transfer functions to consolidate the results of those games on one computer and periodically issue updates that can easily be installed on the various computers used in the league.
NOTE: Please be sure you are not using these features to illegally distribute copies of our season disks. Each member of a league who is going to be playing games on his/her own computer must own a copy of the game and the season disk being used for the league. It is a violation of copyright law to send a DMB database to a league member who does not own a copy of the season disk upon which the league is based.
Here's how the process works:
- while setting up the league, the commissioner chooses league options that (if activated) will automatically generate a boxscore, scoresheet and game account file after each game, so league managers don't have to remember to save these items manually.
- the commissioner chooses a menu command that automatically zips up all of the files in the league database and creates a single transfer file that is ready to be sent (usually as an email attachment) to league members.
- each manager uses another menu command to install the updated league database. Neither the commissioner nor the league managers need to own a copy of PKZIP or any other tool of that sort, as the capability is built in.
- managers can generate reports, move players between the active roster and the reserve rosters, update their manager profiles, and play games using the update season totals.
- after playing games, making roster moves, or modifying his manager profile, the manager chooses a menu command that leads him through a simple three-step process to select the games, manager profiles and transactions to export. DMB keeps track of which games and transactions were already there at the beginning of the play cycle and automatically selects the ones that have been added since. (You can override these selections if you ever need to send something to the commissioner a second time.) When the selections are complete, a single transfer file is ready to be sent to the commissioner.
- to import these changes, the commissioner chooses a menu command that leads him through another simple three-step process to select the games, manager profiles and transactions to import. When the selections are complete, the file is imported, and DMB updates the schedule, year-to-date statistics, injury logs and anything else that is affected, after validating the file to ensure that the same information is not imported more than once.
- after the imports have been completed, the commissioner can choose another menu command that rebuilds the usage and streaks information. Now that all of the games are in one place and can be evaluated in the proper sequence, DMB goes through the game-by-game logs and figure hitting streaks and fatigue information correctly.
- Jim Wheeler